Leave a comment for me!

Hi - Have a comment? Click the little red "comment" word down below each post. It will have the current number of comments already left for me. You'll get a box to write your comments in. If the number is "0", then you are the first one! I wish there was some way to put an actual box on the front page, but I haven't figured that out yet!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Welcome to Husker Dork

Hi Husker Fans!

Right now, I realize I'm only writing to myself. That's OK, that how devoted I am to the Huskers. I just take pleasure in expressing myself about them.

I recently made what I called a "big dork" Husker confession to a good Husker friend - I listen to Sports Nightly nearly every night to hear about the Huskers. I do this year round, mostly when I'm either cooking supper or we've already sat down to supper as a family. So, the name Husker Dork has stuck in my head and it pretty well fits.

My husband is a Husker fan, but I think his dorkdom has slipped. It's OK, I'll still keep him ;) Meanwhile, I'm trying to instill some real Husker love in my girls. I'm proud to be an informed aware female Husker fan. I'm not one to wants to watch American Idol or go shopping while the game is on. I'm watching the game!

Last night I came across some neat articles about Brook Berringer. Brought back a lot of memories about his last two seasons, and where I was when I heard the devistating news of his death. His plan crashed not far from where I went to high school near Raymond, so I feel a little connection there. I never met him personally, but what a human being.

Anyway, I'll say goodbye for now. More about the Spring Game and other interesting things.

Erika

No comments: